Oct 19, 2019
Studied throughout the DP, CAS involves students in a range of activities alongside their academic studies. It is not formally assessed. However, students reflect on their CAS experiences as part of the DP, and provide evidence of achieving the seven learning outcomes for CAS.
All full IB diploma candidates at St Stephen's will have the course ‘CAS’ assessed each marking period and reported on their report cards.
Although their CAS program accounts for creativity, action, and service, the CAS grade on their report card only reflects the total number of service credits a student has completed. Effort marks are based on active participation in the service program as well as using Managebac regularly and efficiently.
To PASS, a student must:
- Participate evenly in Creativity, Action and Service roughly 3-4 hours per week (over two years, 50 for Creativity, 50 for Action and 50 for Service)
- 11th grade: Earn a minimum of 26 Service credits (7 per Marking Period-MP)
- 12th grade: Earn a minimum of 20 Service credits (7 per MP)
- Update their Managebac CAS portfolio regularly
- Have CAS interviews
- Upload reflections to their Managebac CAS portfolio (3 per MP)
- CAS Project: plan, initiate, or develop a long-term (at least 3+ months) service-related project. Work alone or in a small group or team. A student's CAS project should combine two or more aspects of C, A, and S into one project. Click here for more information.
We invite you to contact your child's advisor if you have additional questions.