The Business Manager is responsible for all financial, contractual, regulatory, insurance, and human resource (remuneration aspects) operations at the school. The position reports to the Head of School, and has regular interaction with the Board of Trustees.
The position will begin July 1, 2022.
- Provides supervision and management of the accounting and finance functions
- Directs accounting and fiscal policies, procedures and internal controls
- Develops a comprehensive school budget and performs periodic budget analyses/forecasts
- Prepares reports for senior management and Trustees
- Collects, researches, tracks and analyzes relevant business data
- Manages and oversees the relationship with independent auditors in Italy and in the U.S.A.
- Maintains relationships with parents (our Customers)
- Negotiates and maintains relationships with new and existing Vendors/Suppliers (including legal, fiscal and employment/payroll advisers and consultants)
- Engages in bad debt collection when necessary
- Approves all payments through online banking systems; management of cash flows
- Manages relationship with Italian and US banks
- Supervises the US endowment bookkeeping
- Supervises donations accounting and annual reconciliations
- Establishes and maintains relationship with contractors of the school and management of the contracts
- Manages human resources and their administration together with the Head of School; including liaison with staff regarding pay & benefits and related matters
- Ensures adherence to and compliance with legal rules and guidelines as well as school policy
- Identifies business risks and insurance requirements; devises risk minimisation and mitigation strategies
- Provides feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness of business operations
- Fluency in Italian and English
- Mastery of Excel database software
- Knowledge of and experience with US and Italian accounting and fiscal procedures
- Clear communication skills, both written and spoken
- Experience supervising multiple direct reports
- Experience collaborating with teams and leading teams
- Clear history of achieving organizational goals
- Flexibility, adaptability, and crisis management skills
- Familiarity and experience with Italian and US GAAP as well as account consolidation (US parent and Italian ente morale)
- Familiarity and experience with Italian fiscal and labor law/rules/regulations
Please send a cover letter detailing your qualifications for this specific position, as well as a current CV. Send documents electronically, with your name in the subject line, to email@example.com. The application period will close November 30, 2021. We will conduct interviews on a rolling basis.